One of my tried + true tips for smoother, healthier and more radiant skin is dry brushing. And I’m going to show you exactly how you can incorporate this ancient ritual into your day-to-day.
This simple practice takes less than 2 minutes (perfect for the mamas + beauty minimalists!) and the benefits of dry brushing are proven to boost beauty + wellness throughout the entire body – not only supporting glowing skin, but your overall well-being.
Here are just a few of the reasons why dry brushing should become a staple in your self-care routine:
- Improves circulation. Our circulatory system is the pathway that supplies vital nutrients + oxygen to every part of our body – and pushes waste and toxins out. Dry brushing provides a much-needed boost of blood flow to keep skin nourished, clear and radiant.
- Exfoliates: Gentle strokes with natural bristles are all you need to reveal smoother, softer skin – no harsh exfoliants needed. Dry brushing sloughs off dry, scaly skin which improves skin’s texture + tone and preps skin to better absorb moisture.
- Powerfully detoxifies: The light, simple strokes of the dry brush stimulate lymphatic drainage + flow to flush out toxins and excess fluid to help strengthen the immune system, minimize inflammation and increase energy levels.
- Improves the appearance of skin: Dry brushing has been believed to soften fat deposits below the skin’s surface to actually reduce the appearance of cellulite. Whether it’s a temporary effect (by plumping + invigorating skin) or a long-term solution (by removing toxins to rebuild tissue), the bottom line: dry brushing works.
Convinced yet? Great! Go grab your dry brush (if you don’t have one, you can shop ours here) because I’m about to show you how to dry brush in just a few simple steps.
Here are a few more tips to remember to make sure you get the most benefit from dry brushing:
- The best time to dry brush is before showering (so you can wash away dead, dull skin cells you’ve exfoliated).
- Brush upwards with gentle, short strokes – always towards your heart.
- Always use light pressure. The point isn’t to scrub off your skin but to gently, effectively get blood + lymphatic fluid moving.
And that’s it! A brand new beauty ritual that’s super simple, but seriously makes a big difference. Better flow = brighter glow, inside and out.